LASIK Surgeon Checklist
connect with local specialist for a
FREE CONSULTATION in your area
Some of the most popular inquiries regarding LASIK surgery involve knowing how to choose the right surgeon. And thank goodness! Choosing the right surgeon to perform this life changing surgery is perhaps the most important decision you can make in the whole process. In this step, it's good to think of meeting your surgeon as a mutual interview. Not only will he or she be determining if you're a good candidate for the surgery, but you'll be determining if he or she is the right person with whom to entrust your eyes. Here are some good questions from which you can start:
- Where did you go to school?
- How long have you practiced?
- How many surgeries have you performed?
- How many surgeries have you done this year?
- What are your credentials?
- Are you board certified?
- Are you in good standing with the board?
- Walk me through a typical procedure that you perform
- Who else will be present?
- What can I expect before the surgery?
- What can I expect after the surgery?
- How involved will you be post-surgery?
- How are you different from other practices?
- What recent skills and equipment have you incorporated in to your practice?
Don't be afraid to use this just as a starter list of questions - be sure all your questions are answered to your liking. If you ever feel uncomfortable or cut off short before you have all the information you feel you need, consider choosing a different surgeon. You are entrusting one of your most valuable senses to this individual - make sure you're entirely comfortable and informed.